By posting on this forum, you automatically agree to adhere to the following rules. Any post which breaches these rules will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be barred from the forum.
1) Be polite and respectful of all members at all time. Whilst passionate discussion is part of the joy of studying and writing history, personal, malicious attacks, rude language, or trolling of any kind, will not be tolerated.
2) No swearing, obscene, racist, homophobic, derogatory, or discriminatory language of any kind.
3) Respect the fact that not everyone using this forum is an expert.
4) All forum users must use their own names. No pseudonyms are permitted.
5) Posts which are obscene, sexual, defamatory, libellous, fraudulent, or in any way violates the rights of another user, or are considered to be an example of harassment, are not permitted.
6) No copyright material, including articles or images of any kind may be posted. The ONLY exception to this rule is that you may quote a copyrighted book or article PROVIDED you BOTH identify where the quote came from and the quote does not exceed 100 words.
7) Weblinks may only be posted if they are related to content on the 18th and 19th century. This also applies to youtube links.
8) No politically orientated posts, advertising, or repetitive posts are permitted.
9) Advertising is not permitted, unless the post seeks to make members aware of an event which is relevant to the period, or if an author is making members of the forum aware of a book that they have recently published.
10). The moderators’ decision on deleting posts and expelling forum members is final.
11) If members are unsure of whether their post will meet these criteria, or have a concern about material which has been posted, they should contact the website owner immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org